CompTIA Security+ is a vendor-neutral designation that certifies the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue the most promising IT careers.
Why is it different?
- More corporations and defense organizations choose Security+ to validate baseline security skills and fulfill the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to solve today’s complex issues.
- More job roles prefer Security+ to enhance skills
- Security+ follows the latest trends and techniques, such as risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
CompTIA Security+ sets the core knowledge expected of any cybersecurity position. It also provides a jumping-off point to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates the best practices in hands-on troubleshooting to help candidates have the best security problem-solving skills to:
- Assess the security aspect of an enterprise and recommend or implement suitable security solutions
- Monitor hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and address security events and incidents
Security+ complies with ISO 17024 standards and is approved by the US DoD to adhere to directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.